About Me

My photo
I moved to Dallas from a medium sized town in Louisiana in 2003 for a job. I lived in North Dallas for the first 3 years that I was here and moved to the downtown/uptown area about 3 years ago. It took me a while to acclimate to the whole scene in Dallas, so I decided to create this blog to help speed up the process for people like me.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

EATING OUT

One of the great things about Dallas is that there are so many cool things to do. Being from Louisiana (the fat capital of the US), one of my favorite things to do is EAT, and there are a ton of great places to do that in big D. There are awesome steak houses, great Italian restaurants, amazing down home cooking joints and everything in between. One thing I suggest is take advantage of this. Some of the places are pretty pricy, but it’s worth it. Eat on the cheap a few nights a week if you have to, but treat yourself to at least one good meal a month. Where I’m from, a great steak house is Outback and an awesome Italian place is Olive Garden. Nothing wrong with either of these (Still 2 of my favorite restaurants), but these are cookie cutter places that you can eat at when you go out of town so you know what you are getting. Ask around and find a really good restaurant and splurge once or twice a month. Not only will it help you grow culturally, but it will make your Dallas experience that much more memorable. Keep it real…

2 comments:

  1. love your blog, great information about our great city !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete