About Me

My photo
I moved to Dallas from a medium sized town in Louisiana in 2003 for a job. I lived in North Dallas for the first 3 years that I was here and moved to the downtown/uptown area about 3 years ago. It took me a while to acclimate to the whole scene in Dallas, so I decided to create this blog to help speed up the process for people like me.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

JOIN A GYM

One of the first things you will notice when you move to Dallas is the people here look amazing. Where I’m from, when you turn 27, you are done. You’re usually married, have a few kids and could care less what you look like, pretty much just fat and happy. Here, people take care of themselves. 35 year olds are in better shape than 20 year olds, everyone looks good. A lot of people have help from surgeons, but there are also a lot of people that are just in shape. One of the smartest investments you can make upon moving to Dallas is to join a gym. I know to some people $40 a month is a lot of money, but think of it as an investment in your future and your social life. If you work out 3-5 times a week, not only will you look better, but you will also feel better. Your attitude will change and your self confidence will rise. You will notice people look at you different not only from the way you look, but from the way you carry yourself because of your new found confidence. One of the hardest things to do is make the time and put forth the effort to go work out and do something physical. It takes 3 weeks to form a habit and only a week to break one. Get regimented and go at the same time on the same days for 3 weeks to get into the routine. Even if you have a hard day at work and you are really tired, go for 15 minutes just to stay in the habit. Give yourself 3 months and I promise you will not only see a difference, but you will feel a difference mentally as well. Not to mention you will be ready to roll to all the kick ass pool scenes around town. Keep it real…

1 comment:

  1. I've been super slacking and havent been to the gym in a month..ugh! I need to go. You are so right, if you go and even if its just for a few you feel so good about yourself!

    I will go today!

    ReplyDelete